Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor famous Jewels at Auction

Famous actress and diva Elizabeth Taylor left the word on this March 23, 2011. However, she did leave behind her much loved jewels. Her jewelry collection was one of the most coveted collections in the world.
 Elizabeth Taylor
She possessed some of the rarest jewels, many of them she received from her ex-husbands. Her jewels were estimated to be worth $150 million.
This December 12 of her much loved jewelry pieces will be auctioned in New York at Christies’s Luxury Jewels.
The Grand Dame never took for granted the jewelry she received.  “People always gave her gifts … it was something that she learned to love,” Christie’s CEO Peter Sedghi said.  “And she took great care of them, too.  She had collections and collections, in different rooms. She knew where every single piece was. It was amazing.”
Incredibly generous with her jewels, Taylor hosted an auction that raised over $240,000 for the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation. At the auction she removed an emerald and diamond ring from her hand saying the ring was her engagement ring from Richard Burton. "Please know that it is not easy for me to give it away. It is only my commitment to AIDS that persuaded me to let it go. My love is inside that ring forever."
Taylor clearly understood how important it was to share the great beauty of the jewelry she owned."I'm fortunate to have some very important pieces of jewelry. I don't believe I own any of the pieces. I believe that I am their custodian, here to enjoy them, to give them the best treatment in the world, to watch after their safety, and to love them,” Taylor said in her book, “My Love Affair with Jewelry.”

Followers