Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Studying in London

I just finished two days of my class and I'm so happy because I learned a lot. I can't wait for upcoming days to come! Their way of teaching is very advanced. I met our teachers, Ms Rowena who taught us yesterday how to make a half scaled body form that we will use as we make wedding gowns as the final requirement of the course, and Ms Lara who is a popular wedding gown designer based here in London, and has been in the business for 14 years ;-) She taught us clearly how to construct a soft bodice corset, different techniques in sewing, cutting and pattern-making, how to sew delicate fabrics, etc. We also learned different textiles for wedding gowns. The machines that they use here are amazing! I love the industrial iron board!!!! I wish we also have those equipments in Manila ;-)



I post photos on my Facebook everyday ;-) You can add me veejayfloresca@gmail.com

You can also follow me on twitter @veejayfloresca or simply click here to access my tumblr ;-)

















Followers