Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I will be in London on August 5-26 to study Bridalwear

London Calling

by Jacqui Halili Co-Salonga

It has been confirmed that Veejay Floresca is headed to the prestigious Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design this August. The 26-year old fashion designer, whose silhouettes have been referred to as romantic and feminine, will be taking a course on Vintage Fashion Bridalwear over the summer at the same school attended by notable fashion designers like Stella McCartney, the late Alexander McQueen as well as our very own Mich Dulce. "It's a two week intensive program that focuses on corsets, appliqué, various fabrications and sewing techniques specializing in bridalwear," the designer shares.

Wunderkind.A few of Veejay's creations as featured in Mega's Designer Profile published in the June 2011 Pinoy Pride Issue

Selecting CSM was an easy decision for him as he refers to it as his 'dream school', saying, "I'm really excited about this upcoming trip to London because it's the perfect city for aspiring young designers like myself. Not only is the atmosphere energetic, being at CSM will also give me the opportunity to learn and elevate my work but at the same time, allow me to meet and get to know other designers from all over the world."

After being proclaimed as the Best Up and Coming Designer at the recently concluded Fashion Asia Awards in China, Veejay is far from resting on his laurels. He knows the value of a good education, which is something he learned from his parents. "I am truly blessed. Having had the experience of working with different people on a daily basis significantly contributed to what I know [about fashion]. But I am still very young and there is so much more to learn. Bridal is something I want to focus on right now since a lot of clients have been asking me to make them something special for their big day. I really want to give these soon-to-be brides the best, knowing that their wedding is one of the most important events of their lives," he stresses.

He also mentions that he couldn't have done it without the continued encouragement of his friends and family. "I won't be at the position I'm at right now if not for the people who have supported me from the start," he declares. "My decision to leave and study again is a long term goal, and upon my return, I am confident that everything that I learn will not only be applied to my work, but will also be something that I can share with future designers as well."

If things turns out according to plan, Floresca hopes to take his Masters at CSM next year, and looks forward to representing the country. "Who knows, I might just end up showing my graduation collection during London Fashion Week and showcase our natural fabrics at its very best," he says with pride.

With the passion and determination Veejay has for his craft and for the local fashion industry, we are confident that this is just the beginning of bigger things to come.


---- Thank you Megastyle.ph

source: http://megastyle.ph/news/london-calling

Followers