Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tharah Jane



I call her TJ.

She was our President in College of Saint Benilde Student Council and I was Legislative Council Representative for Fashion Design Program. That's where I first met TJ, through student politics! Haha!!

She is a strong woman, an achiever, a strict officer, a good leader, and I've realized she's also a loving and very sweet client.

When she told me she's getting married, I got super excited because it's really a pleasure working with friends. During our first meeting, she told me she doesn't like traditional wedding gowns. (I completely agree because TJ is a non-conformist!) She liked feathers, a black accent, volume skirt and a dramatic birdcage veil.

One of the most important things I consider when designing a gown is the "silhouette." The shape of the gown should "flatter" the bride's body. Simple rule: "Hide your flaws, show your assets."

I thank TJ for being very patient. Usually, my bride comes to me for 3-4 fittings, but TJ had 7 fittings! I had to redesign her bodice 3 times until I finally hit the right spot! ;-) Designing a wedding gown is not easy, but as a designer, all I want is nothing but the best for my brides. After all, it's their wedding, a significant event to remember forever.













Photos by Metrophoto

Followers