If you are planning to design your own engagement ring, the following steps will help you get the ring you desire.
1. Decide the ring style. Find out what would your to-be-bride prefer. Does she prefer traditional or modern, elaborate or subtle, feminine or stylish? Ask her family and friends for hint. Also look at her current wardrobe. You are sure to find clues to her style.
2. Consider the type of metal you want in your ring. Engagement rings are mostly made either in gold or platinum. In gold the popular choices are yellow gold and white gold in 18k or 14k gold purity. Platinum is more expensive than gold.
3. Choose the setting. Classic prongs is one of the most preferred settings for engagement rings. Other popular settings are bezel setting, tulip setting, pave setting and more modern styles include semi-bezel setting, tension setting amongst others.
4. Decide upon the design. Do you want a solitaire ring or a more elaborate setting with side stones? You can choose from solitaires, five-stone rings, three-stone rings or solitaires with accent stones.
5. Select the center stone. Think beyond diamonds. Colored gemstones like sapphire, emerald and ruby are the latest trend in engagement rings. For a more thoughtful ring, you can get your engagement ring with your fiancé’s birthstone.
6. Once you’ve decided upon the center stone, think of the shape of the stone. Round, princess and asscher are amongst the most popular choices. Other options are emerald, marquise, pear oval, radiant, and heart.
7. Once you have finalized all the aspects of the ring, match each of the aspects with the amount you are willing to spend. This will help you cut down on your choices and select your perfect ring.
8. Now when you know what you want log in to a website that allows you to customize your engagement ring. Plan a romantic proposal and you are good to go. Congratulations!